Friday, July 12, 2013

Prologue

 "As the hart longs for flowing streams, so longs my soul for You, O God." This psalm reveals a call; a call God puts in all our souls to pursue the plans He has made for each and every one of us.  The most difficult step is to follow after His plan and put our faith in Him. 
My journey towards discovering and following God's plan for my life is just beginning.  During college, I started to think about where I could go and what I could do for God.  After listening and spending time in prayer I started paying attention to the things God had placed on my heart.  I’ve always had a passion for missions; for going out into the world and doing anything I can to help those in need.  I also have a passion for Ireland.  Much of my family’s heritage comes from Ireland and was passed down from mother to mother through the generations.  In my immediate family this has proven true in our love for Irish music.
Even though I still have many doubts about how to pursue God’s call for my life, I’ve decided to start by following after the things God has already put on my heart. 
After much prayer and consideration I applied a few months ago to YWAM in Ireland and was accepted.  I started researching more information on the “Troubles” in Ireland and about how this particular YWAM base has been striving towards reconciliation in this conflict-torn country.  More and more my heart goes out to these people whose need for reconciliation is as serious and great as ever.  I’m eager to learn from the legacy of faith that has grown from the shores of Ireland.  I am excited to see where God will take me on this journey and I know that with His love, strength, and the guidance of His hand nothing is impossible.
             This blog serves as a place where people can check out what I'm up to and where I will continue to post updates about how your support is making possible the things God is crafting for me on this journey.  

               

No comments:

Post a Comment